Sunday, March 02, 2008

Cold Gold Night

Now that the sun is back on the lake, I can think about cold, gold nights alone along the shore. The silence, the solitude that bring me to the reflections inside and on the water. I'm realizing I'm the one who imagines them there.

That's a good feeling, knowing who.

When I was kid, I lived each moment never wondering who I was, how the world was turning or turning out. Now with taxes and rent payments, I seem to spend time thinking of issues that will mean nothing on my dying day.

But a golden reflection alone along the shore of my true calling. Makes me feel warm and not alone at all.

--me strauss, Letting me be

11 comments:

Bungz said...

Indeed, solitude is a wonderful place... And that place is in one's heart... It's wonderful to retreat there - not to escape, but to understand...

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Hi Bungi!
Solitude and reflection are like food for the soul.

Dr.John said...

Solitude is nice but it is taxes and rent payments that begin to shape us and drive us and give us reason to be and a desire for the solitude.

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Dr. John!
Sounds like the world has been intruding on your spirit. You get to pick what wins.

Janus Torrell said...

Sometimes all those things my dad called "real life" get in the way of my "ideal life". Why do they call something real life I wonder when in the end it means nothing.

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Hi Janus!
Some folks think that their perception of reality is the only one. That seems to be a particular view of folks who were born during the depression.

Though I know quite few born since then.

Reality is really perception. I paint the sky the color I want. Then I work my butt off to make it that way. :)

Anonymous said...

Solitude: Being alone without loneliness

Reflection: Seeing yourself without a mirror.

It's a breath of fresh air and a deep drink of cool water to come visit here.

dsnake1 said...

Liz, i have been absent for too long. busy thinking about those taxes and bills too. :)

yes, solitude is not just loneliness. it is time for yourself, to do nothing, to recharge your batteries.

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Hi Dsnake,
It's always wonderful to see you. I come hide out here sometimes. It's nice to find a friend whenever you're around.

Solitude is like a blanket of stars.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the journey back to my carefree, childhood memories and dreams. I must remember not to leave them there again. Solitude is only lonely without them.

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Hi Rob!
Thanks for letting me know that your childhood is somewhere near mine. :)