Monday, November 06, 2006

In the Arms of the Moon




I don’t have much to offer that would bring you use or pleasure. I have no money, no worldly treasure that you might keep as some family heirloom. I’ve been remiss at honoring relationships I value. Please don’t believe you’re not in my heart. The road I travel has been rocky, distant, and deeply solitary, but it was not a road away from you. I'm not sure that it was a choice. I've walked most of my life to find a way back home.

Still I have a pile of words I’ve been collecting to give to you one day. They’re moments, hopes, and conversations I’ve had with you on my own, in my thinking of you. You've been with me more than you know and so I'd like to share them with you. I hope you don't mind. Please don't mind.

I’ve always had a wish for a life time of love and laughter that sits right on your doorstep, a happily ever after that follows you like colorful shadow. Though I know the road less traveled a little more than most folks do, I hope that you find your travels take you where someone, at least one, always loves you. Even when the days bring sadness, when grief tears and pulls your heart, may your soul keep filled with stuff that stars are made of. May your feet always know the ground you stand on.

When you see the sun rise, I hope that you always take for granted that someone put it there for you. And each night when you close your eyes sleep safe in the arms of the moon, wrapped in a blanket of red with God and the angels watching over you.

I love you. I always will.
−me strauss Letting me be

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liz, this post sings like a lullabye, a retrospective for a child on the verge of adulthood. It's something I wish my mom could sing for me.
And the photo is beautiful.
Thanks.

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Hi Dawn,
I learned many things while writing this one. It opened my mind to more about how writers write and my own relationships.

thank you for your words. We might talk about this one next time we see each other.

dsnake1 said...

This is a beautiful post, Liz. heart-felt, honest. enjoyed the read.

Your "pile of words" you've been collecting is a treat to us, your readers. :)

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Thanks Dsnake,
It feels good to hear that. :)
A pile of good and a treat to this writer.

Anonymous said...

What turns out?

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

They read.
I smile. :)