Thursday, November 23, 2006

Reflection, a Blue Sky Thanksgviving

If I could reflect back every blue sky that every someone has given me, I’d be priceless. I’d be a crystal lake that’s a mirror of the good things in humanity. I’d be a liquid filled with gratitude and compassion. I’d go deep with forgiveness and a lasting sense of faith in people.

I have faith in you always.

If I could reflect the joy that has come to me, I’d be one shining, peaceful oasis in a noisy cluttered world. I’d be offer anyone, everyone a place of safety, solace, silence, some little bit of certainty that God is in his heaven and the angels still watch over us.

Angels are everywhere. They are watching really.

If I could reflect, project my feelings to those I love, using words I care about. I would tell them of their genius, of their mighty uniqueness. I would write their essence into history. They would live forever.

Your mark is on the universe. Your love has left its mark on me.

That’s the size and depth of my gratitude. That’s the fuel that fires my soul.

That’s my reflection, a blue sky thanksgiving for the people in my life.
−me strauss Letting me be

10 comments:

Trée said...

Liz, I'm thankful our paths have crossed. All the best to you and your family today.

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

I, too, am grateful. You're never getting away from me. :)

Anonymous said...

You reflect so much goodness, Liz. I have found so many blue skies through you.

Thanks for being in my life. You showed up just at the right time.

Doug The Una said...

Beautiful as always, Liz.

With gratitude of that scope and color of blue, it seems unnecessary to wish you a happy Thanksgiving but I do anyway.

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

You understand so much, Ms. Dawn. I think you showed up at a perfect time. too. :)

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Doug,
What a lovely Thanksgiving gift. How great to see you! Happy Day to you and yuor family. I'm smiling really large!

See you Saturday -- same place

B.S. said...

I think that the topic of gratitude can be difficult to write about in an original and engaging way. Yet you've done it, in spades, and with incredible lyrical beauty. Somehow I just knew you'd have the ideal Thanksgiving post freshly published, and I'm grateful.

Hugs,
Betty

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Oh Betty,
I'm so grateful to see you! You have been such an inspiration to me. You are lyrical beauty in your spirit and the way you great life with gusto and feeling.

Shirazi said...

Thanks Liz for writing this. Happy thanksgiving.

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Thank you Shirazi!
It's a good thing to know you are still in my life!