Friday, December 01, 2006

Zen Sailing with You


Shh. Come with me. I know that you are worried about the weather. Take my hand. It’s okay. I know the way to somewhere special. I have cookies just baked and some hot, sweet tea. Take my hand. Trust my heart. Shh. Come with me.

Can you hear music as we slide through the hallway? It’s on the air only there playing for you and me. Hear the melody, and you’ll know we’re safe as we move through the storm. See the cold rain can’t touch you. Isn’t that something? Shh. Your heart is safe too.

The wonder hasn’t started yet. Shhh. Don’t say anything.

Hear the music. Hold my hand and think of the cookies just baked and the hot, sweet tea that I’m carrying. Across this street, down the stairs, here we go to the lake. No worries the tunnel is friendly and angel safe. See that light at the end there? That’s where we’re going. We’re almost there. Hushhhh. Hear the music. It sounds like the water on the sand. You and I are safe

Oh, look, someone left a perfect sunset, a perfect day for us. How did it get here?

Shhh. Hear the music. Let’s take the sailboat, lay back in the openness, and enjoy the weather.

I have some cookies just baked and some hot, sweet tea. The storms we imagined will wait until we’re ready to see with them. Why waste a perfect time to do sail in the sunset? No one can bother us. You and I are safe and sound. We can feel happiness without worrying.

Shh. Hear the music. It’s on the air only there playing for you and me. See the sunset. It’s in the sky making colors only for us to enjoy and be please. It’s safe to delight and wonder in the beauty and music of a sunset.

I can’t think of a better place than Zen sailing with you, eating cookies just baked and drinking hot, sweet tea.
−me strauss Letting me be

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Liz, you don't know how comforting this post is. I looked at the photo for the longest while. I do feel safe when I have your hand. The music, the water, the sunset, the sounds and colors. Thank you for taking me with you.

Now I'm ready for the tea and cookies. I hope Tree didn't eat them all yet. :)

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Hi Dawn,
I'm safe too when I have your hand and you beside me. I'm glad you came along.

Michael said...

Gorgeous picture.


Take Care
Michael

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Thanks Michael!

Trée said...

Liz, I think it's going to take a long time to remove this wonderful smile you have given me this morning. You are indeed a special one and I feel very safe whenever we are together. I like your cookies and tea too. :-)

Thank you for such a warm hearted gift. I think I'm going to go and read it again, and then again and maybe again too. Have a great weekend. :-)

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Tree,
All you ever need to do is ask.

Tell No One said...

If I can find it in my dreams tonight, I assure you, we'll eat warm cookies together.

Katrina

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Katrina,
I'm so happy you found this one. I hope you made there in your dreams. Zen sailing with you is a wonderful thing. I looked my writing this past two months and how much you have inspired and led me to write so well.

I owe plenty of wonderful dreams.