Thursday, October 18, 2007

See the Stars

If I made a promise to take you to Hollywood, would you want me to take you over to see the walk of stars? Plenty of people go there.

We watched the famous folks get their names put in the sidewalk while flashbulbs went off.

Black and white pictures and movies reels made those moments history.

Now you can step from one to another. It's alot like walking on stones across a foreign pond of water, filled with snakes and alligators. It's the kind of pond we used to imagine when we were little kids just playing.

Something circular seems to be working there. They were playing too, weren't they?

The people called them stars -- those folks whose names are in the sidewalk. I never saw one of them shining, not really. They all seemed to be people just like me.

When I want to see something that's worth traveling across country to experience. All I have to do is go outside and look up.

I can the see the stars.

They're shining, twinkling, and if they're playing, they're doing it far more spectacularly than I've done so far.

See the stars.

--me strauss Letting me be --Liz Strauss

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh there is nothing like being out under a diamond flung night... and you are a shining star to me.

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

You're a star in my days and nights too, Easy. Yeah!

dsnake1 said...

Liz, there are real stars and there are make-believe stars.

the stars i admire are those i see when i lift my eyes up to the sky. There is no need for words with them.

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Hi Dsnake,
I sure like the thought of how communicating with the stars is without words. It's a peaceful coexistence everytime I walk out under them and let them see that I see. :)

Bungz said...

Hm. You have a point there. People aren't stars however hard they convince themselves... People are people. Period.

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Hi Bungi!
I've met a person or two who shined brightly, but they were never the ones who thought that they did. :)

Dr.John said...

BUt you just can't travel to the sky stars but Holywood that's another question.

Bungz said...

Hm... That is true too... True stars rarely know they are shining. They are so busy shining for the others they don't have time to look at themselves in the mirror.

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Hi Dr. John,
I've seen a person or two who really shine, but they were never the people who thought they did. :)

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Hi Bungi!
I so like the way you said that. It would make a wonderful last line to a written work. :)