Sunday, July 09, 2006

Silver Lining

I didn’t choose to be an optimist. In fact, sometimes it scares me so. I guess that I was blessed or cursed. I don’t know why. I just don’t know.
I can’t help, but like to dance. I see the rainbows, not the rain. When things go bad, I try to make an adventure if I can. It’s what I do. It’s who I am. When I can’t then I’m confused and lost, and I find myself longing to dance and find some flowers to arrange.
I solve problems with the best of them. It’s not that I run away.
It’s just that my life is filled with silver linings and morning bring brand new days.
Some nights I wonder if that’s a little girl’s mirage. In fact, some nights it scares me so.
That’s when listen to the stars.
No silver linings up where they are.
They’re silver through and through.
−me strauss Letting me be

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

"That’s when listen to the stars.
No silver linings up where they are.
They’re silver through and through"

This is the best part of the poem.

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Hi Kat,
Thanks for coming.
Thanks too for what you said. I woke up and it made this morning. You are my silver lining today.

Anonymous said...

I listen to Peter Gabriel a lot.

Here are the lyrics to one of my favorites Don't Give Up

E

Anonymous said...

arrgh!!! That link does not work!

http://www.geocities.com/dexxus/l/p03.html

E

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Hi E,
That's just fine because you know that I have everything by Peter Gabriel on my computer.

It sure looks like that link should work though.

Anonymous said...

I am not an optimist, but rather a pessimist that has forced herself to look for the silver linings in all my clouds ... of which there have been and ARE MANY. To see rainbows and sliver starlight when we wake up is a gift. I would love for that to be true for me. Instead I have to make them appear and dance and lift me up till I too reach the stars and top of the rainbow and can smile.

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Hi Mama,
I don't know that being an optimist is always such a gift. people don't always take me seriously. I don't even take myself so. I wonder myself if I'm just being optimistic and look at me they way others do. Every gift is also a curse in it's own way, I guess.

Anonymous said...

silver linings reflect the light within - your way always lightens me up

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Hi Bradford,
Thank you for saying that. It's made my day brighter. You're a silver lining yourself. :)