Sunday, November 20, 2005

Scribbles: Invisible Dog Scamming Internet

This Just In from The 65th Crayon:

The 65th Crayon broke the story this morning that an invisible dog, owned by a small group of Tibetan nuns living in a suburb north of Chicago, was setting up dlites and dlogs on the Internet. Dlites and dlogs are pseudosites set up by a dog to fool people, search engines, and other dogs into thinking they are real websites or blogs.

In a file he has labeled “The Secret Life of Skippy, the Invisible Dog,” the 65th Crayon has documented the online shenanigans of an unusual canine with 21st Century communication skills. While the Sisters are making the world a better place, this best friend has been keyboarding himself into a better place in the world.

“I happened upon him while surfing the net,” our reporter admitted. “I collect comic strip characters from the past. I was digging for new ones. When aha! I found an invisible dog impersonating a Ask Skippy, and he wrote a blog called skippy the bush kangaroo. He also disguised himself as a variety of peanut butter products.

“As soon as I found out, I went to see the Tibetan Sisters of Serenity. I showed them my file. We checked the keyboard of their computer and, sure enough, found invisible dog hairs everywhere,” the 65th elaborated. “I explained that I was going to release the story and suggested they turn off their phones—shut things down from the media. I thought they’d be concerned, but those Sisters have faith and forgiveness for every person, crayon, and invisible dog.”

“We are THRILLED that Skippy finds creative ways to spend the day. Invisible dog hairs are no problem. We honor invisibility. I especially enjoyed seeing his face on the 5c candy bar at the comic site. And we all want a cloisonné pin from there. . . . We're very excited about your exposé and can't wait 'til tomorrow to read it,” said Sister Sweet Sunrise.

“I asked Sister Sincerely whether she worried about her dog dispensing advice,” our curious crayon friend informed us.

“Nope. There’s a lot about Skippy I don't know. I’m gone for 10 hours each day, and he has so much time on his hands. I do respect his integrity, however, and believe that any advice he would have to offer would be sincere and heartfelt.” the kind Sister said.

Other Internet locations the 65th Crayon is still checking for Skippy’s paw print include Beta the Wonder Dog.

“I can’t say for certain, but this blog leads me to think Skippy might have been there.” the colorful reporter speculated about oh the cleverness of me. “Especially when you read the name of this post.”

Google has agreed to meet with the 65th Crayon to discuss the problem of dlites and dlogs on the Internet.
—me strauss Letting me be
--------------------------------------------------
Scribbles: NO SEAT BELTS! TOYS INJURED!


For links to additional Scribbles Reports by the 65th Crayon
see the sidebar listing under his picture and profile.

Scribbles Reports by The 65th Crayon appear Sundays in Letting me be ...
The 65th Crayon is a copyright of ME Strauss. All Rights Reserved

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy, you could hear a pin drop in here, here, here, here.

I think a black hole opened up and swallowed all news of skippy.

Life is strange, especially when it's inevitable.

Tomorrow is day after tomorrow's past.

Night has no shadows.

ghl

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Hello, Garnet,
I know. I almost think I shouldn't post anything tonight.

It's a quiet day at Letting me be.

smiles,
Liz

Anonymous said...

That's really clever and funny. The cool set of crayons had 64 right?

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Yeah, Doug,
But this one thinks too big for the box. :P

Liz

Anonymous said...

The author of lettingmebe.blogspot.com has written an excellent article. You have made your point and there is not much to argue about. It is like the following universal truth that you can not argue with: The probability you will irrepairably stick your foot in your mouth is directly proportional to the attractiveness of the person you are trying to impress. Thanks for the info.

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Hi A!
Thanks for the laugh!