Sunday, September 25, 2005

Melly Doesn’t Do Poetry

Our friend, Melly, says
she doesn’t do poetry.

She finds the words
combine into a mystery
that takes deep thinking.
But she counts many
poets as her friends.

Our friend, Melly,
writes inspired prose.
Prose is something Melly knows.
See it there?
You can’t help but hear
life beating in the words she chose.


Her words are like
old friends to me.
Her voice is warm with honesty.
Sincerity, and clarity, and
Belief ring through, with optimism
beginning to the end.


Her prose reads
like soft poetry
inside prosaic prisms
to her poet friends.


Our friend, Melly, says
she doesn’t do poetry.
That’s okay with me
because she has the power

to inspire a poem from a friend.

To read Melly’s Poetry Post click here.
—me strauss Letting me be

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

well done! I doubt Melly knows what she's started, giving us poet types free links to other poets eh?

Very true piece of poetry here, she's a great writer, even if she doesn't write poetry.

Anonymous said...

So you made me read poetry... ;)

Just kidding of course. I actually have a tear in my eye and that says it all I think. Thanks Liz.

And Erin, I'm glad I could do that, and thanks so much for the kind words.

I think I need a glass of cold water now I'm so flushed.

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Erin.
Thanks for telling Melly what I say here is true. She needs to hear it from more than just one.
smiles,
Liz

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Melly,
You're more than welcome.
Like I said, you're a great writer and you inspired me.

smiles,
Liz

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet. You amaze me Liz with your endless inspiration and pieces of wonderful writing!

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Hey Jennifer,
Thank you. I just try to keep myself open and the world tends to do the rest of the work for me.

Anonymous said...

Poor Melly - I dropped a bomb in her comments section, and all thanks to your article... :|

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Oh Gone,
Reminding Melly of another great poet isn't a bomb. It's a favor.

smiles,
Liz