Thursday, November 02, 2006

Blue Skies

Walking around with my head in the clouds − I’ve heard that said about me. Wandering aimlessly looking at blue skies, isn’t such an awful way to go about things.

People respond to a smile, and those reactions feel good coming right back onto me. But the truth is that what people think is not what it seems. I don’t have my head in clouds. Oh, no, no, it’s much worse than that.

I live in a world of blue skies and sunshine. Head, heart and soul of me longs for there all of the time. Blue skies and sunshine aren’t really all I see, but I sure try to whenever I can.

I’ll grant you that some days it’s more work than I need, but pushing to find blue skies is more than a ritual or a dream. It’s a quest. The chemistry of being sad makes me not very likable, and at the end of a day. I like to like me.

Blue skies are shy things that hide out behind the gray that can hang over a not so nice day. If you go looking, know that they’re like a bashful child. They’ll pull back and wait for you to come after them. They’re in the eyes of friendly folks you know. They’re in the laughter of people you love. Give gloomy friends crayons to color away the gray. Send broken hearts flowers as they mend. Always keep chocolate, plenty of chocolate, if only in case of electrical storms.

Let people know that a blue sky can’t frighten you. Take it out, break it out for all to experience. Free that bashful, shy blue sky to play with the world a while. Don’t have your head in the clouds.

Put your heart up there next to mine.

C'mon it's easy.

−me strauss Letting me be

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have so much to learn from you, Liz.

If you go looking, know that they’re like a bashful child.

This is a marvelous thought. Why have I never thought to look in friendly eyes or listen for the laughter? Oh Liz, you're the best.

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Oh Dawn,
Sure you would, you're best at putting blue skies where they need to be. I find blue skies coming from you all of the time. Thank you for that. Really.

Anonymous said...

Please say you are going to write a book, Liz, and put all these sterling,heart-felt poetic offerings in it, one per page, with all the beautiful images. I'd buy it in a snap, along with copies for friends.

I love the way you see the world.

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Hey Deb,
Tell all of your agent friends. I don't have the money to stop working and write query letter. Or to self-publish. :)

Thank you so much for saying that!!

DTclarinet said...

Blue skied need to be pusured even more in Winter, when it's cold and dark.

I'm up there with you, behind that little rain cloud, but there's blue all around.

ghl

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Oh David,
Come out from behind that rain cloud to where I can see you. You've got sunshine in your eyes and your smile. I need that to lighten things up.

DTclarinet said...

Big Smile!

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Big Smile!
lhg

Anonymous said...

I'm feeling better just reading your blog. It is letting me be just who I am. Blue skies I will reminice since it is so grey outside today. It's time to dig out some crayons.

Self publishing a book? That would be wonderful Liz!

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Hi Jessica,
Would that I had the time, or the energy when the time appears. :)

Crayons to color the sky are all I need.

Tell No One said...

It's hard to shine down on dark clouds underneath my light. They always seem to be moving in one after the other. Hard to accept them and let them move on, especially when they're clouds you love.

This is a beautiful post and I would love one day to bounce rays back and forth :)

Katrina

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Holloe tell no one,
Don't let the dark clouds decide where your light gpes. Don't left what you guess decide what happens. You light is like sunlight that makes this grow. The heat it radiates can move those clouds.