Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The Castle Door

When I was a child, even today, I could wish for a castle door. Open it and on the other side would be a whole new life. Castle doors paved the way to places where everything changed. I could make the world rearrange easily walking through such a door. The problem was that always the person who walked through was always me.

I might try to change who I was much like a child in dress up clothes. Maybe a new dress would make so one would know that I was self-conscious, too smart, too tall, too talkative, not pretty enough. If they did, I’d be a princess and they would forgive me.

Forgive me what?

Forgive me for caring? Forgiving me for feeling small? Forgive me because I wanted to maket things right when they went horribly wrong? Forgive me for wishing I was more than I am?

Forgive me for being human?

I would be a princess inside that castle door, but a princess is human too. That was the problem with castles. The life was new, but reality proved that humanity is anything but new and different.

I learned to love my humanity, looking at the sky with my feet on the ground and my heart open wide. The stars and the angels don’t worry. They don't notice whether I care too much, worry about fixing things, try to be more. They just shine on me. Smile at me. Fill me with love.

I think I’ll leave the castle door to stay out with the stars.
−me strauss Letting me be

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was a child, even today, I walk through images that take me places in my imagination. Sometimes it feels like exploring. Other times, it's just out and out make-believe. Other times, I do it because I think I can hide there for awhile, try on something new. I always know I have to return.

What you've learned about forgiveness and the human condition is a powerful lesson indeed. Thanks Liz.

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Hi Dawn,
Images and metaphors help me understand things that are too close to me or too feeling-filled for me to see clearly.

Thank you,Dawn, for greeting me like a person every morning. I hold your thoughts in my mind all day long.

Steve Sherlock said...

Hello, the Hitchhiker Team came by today to write about your blog. Keep up the good work.

You can read about what we said here:
http://hgttb.blogspot.com/2006/10/letting-me-be-random-wondering-and.html

Happy Halloween!

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Hi Steve!
Thank you! i had just found your blog only ten days ago.

Tell No One said...

A sense of personal acceptance I hope one day to truly embrace :)

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Hi tell no one,
Give yourself permission and you can. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You re, I guess , probably curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a proper companion utilizes your money in a right way - that`s it!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://onoxaganot.lookseekpages.com/qazegi.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may begin to get income with a sum that usually is spent
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'm ready to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per daily now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]