Wednesday, September 05, 2007

The Genius that Is You Returns

And it can seem that you've been in the place of darkness visible for almost forever, even though you only have been for a few days.

The light that you feel shining on you makes you realize that the deepest thoughts of you have always been where you've kept them safe, maybe too safe.

I don't know. Would you know? I don't know. It's not a knowing thing. It's a feeling thing in this matter.

Open up to the light, find your way out to the world. Come back into the colorful vibrancy that is you.

Please.

Find the purples and blues in the indigo. They'll help you. I know. I've been there too. Reflect a white shining in the light of the lookers on. Don't get cold. Your fragility a beautiful thing.

Oh please.

Genius is as delicate as a hibiscus flower in the dead of night. It is solitary and silent when no one cares for it. It's unshielded, unsheltered, but gentle beauty breathes through every cell.

If you shy from the light, you might become lost and invisible.

The rainbows and the people who love are where you see soft light shining in. It's the light, that soft light, that makes the darkness visible. It's the light that will bring you home to us again,. When it does, you will make the heartless darkness evaporate. You will make history a thing of the past.

We'll wait the future. We will wait forever. We'll wait for the genius that is you to return.

And you will.
-me strauss Letting me be

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The one for whom these words are written can find take comfort here and move forward one step at a time from the fog into the clear light. You have written a path to follow.

I love the photo too Liz. This is tremendous.

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Hi Easy,
I know the one for whom I wrote this took comfort. I hope that many in the future will too.

The photo blows me away. :)

Anonymous said...

I had to sit in the darkness and contemplate the photo to truly feel the words you wrote here. Just that was a prayer. Just that.

But your words hit a soft spot in me that got trampled on today and brought cleansing tears. Cleansing. Such a good thing. And the hibiscus in the darkness felt somehow consoling and healing. But there's always a journey back:

Open up to the light, find your way out to the world. Come back into the colorful vibrancy that is you.

It could be tempting to want to stay in the cool, refreshing darkness forever. But then no one would see my true colors, not even myself. So out I come.

Thanks Liz. I hope the person you had in mind as you wrote this feels the welcome that these words convey.

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Hi Dawn,
I'm so filled up that this one made a difference for you. The photo and the thoughts are so deep and so spectacular.

I'm sorry that you had a soft spot, but relieved you found a cool dark place to recover and a way back.
The world would miss your genius.
Expecially me.

Trée said...

I prefer to feel over to think. Sometimes I think too much and my feelers get hurt and sometimes I feel too much and my mind protests. So I try to keep the peace. :-)

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Hi Tree,
Sometimes I think too much and my feelings get buried and feel lonely underneath. Head and heart need to be together. That's how they were meant to work. :)