Friday, February 02, 2007

So Simple

I first saw it in college, Someone cheated his brother out of $500.00, It was so outside my comprehension. My world view had to shift. I realized my sense of family is so strong, so much a part of my fiber, some folks' actions in a family context will never compute. Though we didn't share secrets, I suddenly saw that my family was close.

In my heart, it's okay not to like my family, but it's not okay not to love them.

It seems so simple.

No expectations. Respect instead.

But I was blessed with unconditional love from my father.

I started out with more.

That has to be the difference. There is no other explaining it.

I wish I could bottle up unconditional love and show folks how it works. It's not hard to love unconditionally. In fact, it's easier. It takes less energy to forgive than to be angry or anxious. It's a gift to yourself to be generous. Compassion helps a heart relax and beat stronger.

Yet folks wander, when they could be home safe wherever they are.

It seems so simple.

It's not hard to love unconditionally.
--me strauss Letting me strauss

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could bottle up unconditional love and show folks how it works.

I wish you could, too.
I would be first in line to watch and learn.

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Hello Dawn,
Good morning. Come and get it. I have plenty for you!!! :)

JoeBlogs said...

if only the world was like that.

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Hi Joeblogs.
If only . . .

dsnake1 said...

But so hard for people to see.

i think you have said it before, people are so concerned about the man-made things that they have created that they failed to see the simple things in life.

especially so in a city. (and i think i'm quite guilty of the above too.)

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Oh Dsnake,
We're all guilty of getting caught up in the shuffle of the human-made stuff -- material and emotional. It's when the serious starts that we need to know how to let go and free ourselves of it. :)