Monday, December 18, 2006

Out of the Corner of My Eye

While I’m busy, while I’m so busy, I am making things get where they’re going. . . I take things that were one thing. I put them with another and then I make things. I build things. Sometimes I imagine new into life. Sometimes the things that I make aren’t really things. They are only ideas and concepts. Yet in my mind, I can reach out to place a finger on part of them, and they will respond with movement and a sound.

It’s a wonder and a workload to make thing inside a head that filled with crowd of loud.

Sometimes I do less interesting things. I don’t make things. I clean things. I sort things. I put things where they belong. I rearrange my thoughts to see whether it changes who I am. I rearrange my words to see whether it changes what I mean.

All of these things and all of this working with things is a natural way of my life. I don’t think that it actually is who I am to be playing and thinking about things, until out of the corner of my eye, I’ll glimpse my life speeding by the same joyful way I drive.

Then I smile.

−me strauss Letting me be

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Liz
It's great to see glimpses of ourselves every now and then and be surprised. The work you describe takes concentration, so catching a glimpse of your life speeding by joyfully is a delight.

I'm smiling, too.

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

It is a surprise to see myself. It's even better to like what I see. :)

Tell No One said...

I'm glad you like what you see. That's always where I go off track, liking what I see. Everyday I leave a piece of what I don't like behind and I replace it with something that 'fits' today. I'm forming the shape of me. Re-forming :) I hope to see beauty one day. I have so much of it around me.....

Katrina

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Katrina,
You'll see it, because it is there.