Monday, December 11, 2006

An Open Book

I’ve opened many books. I’ve found many answers, many problems that shook my stature and turned my way of thinking. I’ve learned to trust the way I read the words I find on the pages. Maybe that’s why I feel that books will always be beside me, even when friends have long forgotten who I might have been for them.

I open a book. I find you. The words say that everything that matters to me is wrapped in people. You are one of the people that I’m finding in every book. It’s not hard to get to know you, you’re in all of the books I treasure.

I open a book and inside I find my heart, an open book everywhere I look.
−me strauss Letting me be

8 comments:

Pamela J Weatherill said...

Lovely posting ...

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Thank you, pamela
I appreciate you comment!

Anonymous said...

Liz, what a provocative photo, and what a wonderful interpretation you gave it in this post.

I often feel like I need a magnifying glass to find my heart.

Words help me sometimes.
You help me, too.

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Dear Dawn,
The photo is amazing, isn't it? It so inpired me to thing think of the relationship of books to my hert. Words help me, are me and express. I am glad they do the same for you as well. :)

Prometheus said...

Just stumbled upon this blog. Not just beautifully written, but the entire experience is rather soothing. Prometheus promises to be back for more.

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Thank you, prometheus.
Soothing is a wonderful word. It's why I made this blog. I'm so glad you found it. :)

dsnake1 said...

that's a very lovely image there, the heart-shaped refraction on the page.

it's my great pleasure to read your words. :)

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Hi Dsnake it is a lovely image. I'd like to frame it.

How nice of you to say something about the words too. The image is really so amazing.