Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The Indigo Blue and the Sunflower

The Indigo Blue is like the sky right before it readies for sunrise. It is the color of the deep place inside lit moonlight and feelings. I go there to reflect when I write, to hear my ideas, to understand what I’m thinking. No chaos is there. No intrusions reside. It’s peace, contentment, and silence. It’s the sweet stillness of the new fallen snow. It’s the cool breeze of a soft summer evening. It’s the formlessness of liquid light in the most secure warm blanket night.

Yet it’s never dark in the indigo blue. A sunflower fills it with light when I think on the ones I love.
−me strauss Letting me be

4 comments:

chandra said...

Hi,

i am filled with passion whenever someone talks of colour.....

also, do dance in elevators even if someone is watching!!!!

come, lets meet up at my place:

chandrasart.blogspot.com

warm wishes

chandra

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Hello chandra!
Nice to meet you!
I'm delighted that you obviously know the meaning of joy!

I like the part about dancing when no one is looking because it feels irreverent. :)

Anonymous said...

I love indigo blue too. It carries me off whether I like it or not.

I hope you had fun making the words and photo match. You did a good job. :)

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Hi Dawn,
It was easy because the photo matches the reality that is inside of me. :)