Saturday, August 19, 2006

Infinity in the Starlight

All of the world is designed is to remind you . . . what it like to be overjoyed. Christine Kane.

I listen to my life from the inside out, and from the outside in. When I’m really lucky I’m right there on the edge, the rim where the music meets the rainbow, where the sense begins. I’m awake, alive. The sounds are pure. There is no static, no stressful soundings, no sadness interrupting.

I don’t need more than the usual bravery to stand tall. I don’t need more than the usual grace to open my arms. I don’t need.

I surrender thought.. On this tiny edge, I’m surrounded. Music is always playing. Colors are always blending, and the joy . . . the joy is always waiting, patiently waiting for me to let it in.

I close my eyes and put on my headphones. I listen.

My inside comes forward. My outside comes near. Joy gently fills the tiniest gap as if it's the grout that holds everything together.

When that gap gets too wide, I am overwhelmed, but tonight I am overjoyed.

It’s such a quiet feeling. I am a ballerina dancing on infinity in the starlight.
−me strauss Letting me be

7 comments:

hh said...

Being able to be happy with oneself is quite an accomplishment and easier said than done. We most of the time equate happiness with what we have and who we have. sometime, it's just good to be best friends with oneself I suppose.

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Hi hobbit,
I think being happy with oneself might be something that one touches not something that one gets to hold onto, at least that seems to be how it works in my case. Maybe with more practice I'll just develop the habit, but for now its a visitor's relationship I've got.

Anonymous said...

Liz, your words are poetry and music combined.
I needed a reminder this morning to listen to myself and look for the joy. Thanks.

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Good morning, Dawn.
Thank you for hearing what I was trying so hard to say.

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Oh Christine,
It was your song playing in my head that inspired me. Thank you for coming by to read it. :)

Anonymous said...

I am a ballerina dancing on infinity in the starlight.
Inner peace summed up in 10 words.
I love it.

~m

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Thank you, Michael.
I like that line particularly as well.