Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The Two Meanest Things

The two meanest things I was working on are done. They were mean in the way only words badly used can be. They pulled at my brain trying it, tying it into knots, turning it round and round, because thoughts were not well thought. I had to stop and go back time and time and again . . . and again.

There was no music to be found in the words.

Now they are gone, and I’m free to sing.

Under, over, around, and through, in the mysteries, melodies of the music, of waltzing words again. Life is good when words are allowed to do what words are supposed to do.

Make sense.

Maybe I'll dance instead.
--me strauss Letting me be

6 comments:

Trée said...

Dancing never hurts and usually requires some tea and cookies later. :-)

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Tea and cookies never hurt. Come on over. I have a comfortablr chair.

Anonymous said...

Sing AND dance darlin' - that's what makes life worth livin'!

Big hugs and thanks you for stopping by even when I wasn't funny.

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

It's not your jokes I come for, it's you. You're the attraction, Marti.

Anonymous said...

Singing, even if badly, can affect the spirit in such a powerful way. Congrats on getting that booger out of the way. Now, go put on your dancing shoes!

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Hi Tanda,
How happy you look in that picture. Thanks for the words of encouragement. Yes, I do feel Like dancing.
Liz