Sunday, December 18, 2005

Scribbles: Go-a-Coloring Party

This Just In from The 65th Crayon:

This year The 65th Crayon suggest that all crayons, toys, and people set aside traditional Christmas Caroling and go A-Coloring instead—opt for a Christmas Coloring Party.

“It saves on wear and tear of winter clothes,” our experienced funmaker said. “And it’s a great way for adults, children, toys, and crayons to interact in joyful celebration.”

“Not everyone can sing, you know," said Red Violet, the 65th's GreatUncle, who's screechy voice seemed proof of what she was saying. "But anyone can color.”

“It’s kind of like bowling. Yeah,” said little Cinnamon. “You don't have to be good at coloring for it to be fun.”

The 65th Crayon offered this plan for A-Coloring Party Fun.

Ingredients and Materials:


crayons, markers, colored pencils, paints, paper, coloring books
lime vodka, egg nog, other adult beverages, chocolate milk, milk, juice, cookies, treats

Preparation:

  • Fill several ice-cube trays with lime vodka and allow to freeze into cubes.
  • Cover all drawing surfaces with newspaper or other protective materials.
  • Have plenty of cookies and treats for kids and adults to eat and napkins for clean up when they spill.
  • Have a bed ready for Uncle Sonny to sleep off too many eggnogs.


When guests arrive:

  • Put out treats and coloring materials.
  • Offer children milk or juice and treats.
  • Offer adults eggnog over lime vodka ice cubes. Make them try it. It’s really good.
  • Enjoy.
“Remember this holiday season what it’s like to be a kid again.” The 65th Crayon said. “But do be a responsible colorer. If you drink and draw, don’t drive.”
—me strauss Letting me be

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun, and considering at 39 I still love to color, its perfect.

not sure about the lime vodka ice cubes and the eggnogg though LOL

great post Liz! (hugs)

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Hi Mergrl,
I'll buy the lime vodka if you don't like it. I'm telling you. It's really good.
Liz

Anonymous said...

Then I will just have to try it,
I know you wouldn't steer me wrong
:0)

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

My mom used to serve it every Christmas Eve. It's really good, and I don't like eggnog much

Anonymous said...

You are definitely multi-faceted, Liz. That's what I want to be when I grow up.

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Hi Betty,
You are more than multi-faceted Betty. I see it in your writing. It's all there.
Liz

Anonymous said...

Hi Crayon Lady!

The other day, looking through a list of expired domain names, I noticed:

AdultCrayons.com

??? LOL! Now, I have no idea what an "Adult Crayon" is or are, & admit my ignorance - but I immediately thought of you...

What is an Adult Crayon? At any rate, the domain is still available.

I like the lime vodka ice cubes idea.

E

Anonymous said...

I’m thinking drinking drawers who attempt to drive should lose their crayons.

ps. I LOVE the banner that you designed for me. xxx, Lori

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Hello, Crayon Lad,
I'm glad you're researching about crayons. You need to keep your brain active. :)
I don't think I'd like adult crayons.
smiles,
Liz

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Hi Lori,
It would we a stiff punishment, but I think you're right--we should take their crayons for drunken drawing.

I saw that you got the banner up. I'm delighted that you like it. :)

Anonymous said...

> "I don't think I'd like adult crayons."

OK - I still have no idea what they really are... I thought that you, being the crayon expert, might know.

E

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Hi Crayon Lad,
I think they might be one of two things:
1 real tool used by artists as chalk is used.
2. Something someone made up.

The second one keeps overtaking my imagination. :)
Liz