Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Reminder in a Coffee Cup

I stopped writing because my thought was complete.

I feel as if my coffee cup has been waiting for me, that the cup needs me to take a drink. It's as if that action is how the cup will know it is real. I do exact
ly tha--take a long drink--thinking that this cup has been a good friend to me.

Some people are like that cup, waiting to see who will stop for them, who will take the time to drink in their flavor, share in their identity. I don't often do that for people. At times though, I do it well. Those times I hear the softness floating by, and I stop to feel it on the face of my heart. Those times fill me up.

I am like that coffee cup at times. I wonder and wait to see whether I am real. I would think that would make me remember to let people know that I see them. . . .

I thanked my coffee cup for reminding me of who I am. I took another drink, thinking of the people I love, wishing them the visibility of kings.

Then I started writing again. You just read what I wrote.

—me strauss Letting me be

No comments: