Wednesday, July 27, 2005

No More Leftovers

Today for the fun of it, I played a game. I imagined that I had only good memories of everyone I know. They all came with a clean slate. No little hurts, no history to haunt anything they did or said. What an experience.

Suddenly everyone looked brand new. I was on vacation in a world
of fabulous friends. In one fell swoop, I had wiped clean a bunch of useless little memories. No need to think about what they were. Like leftover food, they must have been crumbs of things that didn't quite fit right, or sit right, with whatever had been on my plate at one time or another.

I had let these crumbs get stuck to the people I love. They'd been stuck in the back of my head, too, like leftovers in the back of an old refrigerator. Until today when, for no particular reason, I decided to play a game that gave everyone a clean slate . . . a clean plate with no leftovers.

Gives a whole new meaning to "clean your plate."

—me strauss Letting me be

No comments: